Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Grand Academy


So I’ve only been home for the holidays for one day now and already, the thrifting in small-town Canada is UNREAL! Apparently the huge new Salvation Army just opened recently, and I managed to find some classy black ankle boots with gold eyelets and a chunky heel.

AND chunky heel Doc Martens! I didn’t think it was possible for Docs to get any more 1990s than they already are, but the chunky heel just brings them to a whole new level of retro. So awesome. I will take it upon myself to ensure that 2011 is the year that 1990s boots will be resurrected from the grave.


Anyways, today’s outfit consists of; American Apparel camel cardigan, thrifted blue-striped button down, American Apparel riding pants, thrifted Italian leather combat boots. I bought new plain black laces for them today, so clearly I need to start wearing these more often!!

In other news, this is my 1, 111th post!

20 comments:

Brittany said...

both boots are so great! But I love the first one!

Becky-May said...

wow so in love with the chunky heeled DMs and also the other booties too :) i am with you on bringing the dms back.

BM

thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

xxx

kate maggie said...

Those docs are incredible. I swear small Canadian towns have the best thrift stores. I have been in heaven ever since I got home this week too. Love your riding pants too lady!

Violet said...

It's actually possible that I would injure someone for those Docs. What a GREAT find!

Charles said...

those new boots are amazing! so cute :) and yay snow background! xx

FASHION ICE said...

really loving that fab cardi

Falling Down The Rabbit Hole said...

Ahh, I love the whole outfit! I'm so jealous of your style, today I'm wearing a mini mouse jumper because it's cold and grim outside- 'nuf said.

SpotlessMind said...

you look fatastic again, like always - great boots!

http://lilalilamode.blogspot.com/

louise or valentine said...

add some daises to those boots and you're gonna be golden

Aattlee said...

Is that first pair of shoes embroided? That's seriosuley cool and the EXACT reason why I love your style...you're a brilliant finder and you're able to see your finds in a different context, which i find very difficult. :)



http://fashionregardless.blogspot.com/

Moogazer said...

You look absolutely beautiful here, Isabel!

Amy said...

Thank god you got new laces for those boots, you looked stripper esque. But the addition of black laces instead of white will totally makeover that boot!

Kb said...

I love those embroidered boots, what a great find!

Samantha Lui said...

You always find the most amazing things at the Thrift store! Must teach us!!

Peacock's Hat said...

Those DMs are amazing.

Caroline said...

Wowwweee, all three pair of boots in this post are amazing, wish my thrift stores were that good :D xxxxxx

Danielle said...

Aww man, great finds!

chuck n. said...

thrifting in my city is rather difficult (or maybe i'm just impatient) nice purchases! and congrats on your 1111th post!

Zedjunior said...

You looks great on the first pic ;)
Greetings from Czech Republic

Zedjunior said...

You looks great on the first picture!
Greetings from the Czech republic :-)