Thursday, December 02, 2010

Tell Me I Need Somebody

Thanks to youtube video tutorials, I have discovered that my new favourite hairstyle is: MILKMAID BRAIDS. After I saw them on Tavi, I had to try them and figured my hair was finally long enough. Excellent. My feelings on life, pictured below.
Anyways, I know this is a bit late but I've spent some time reflecting on the Black Friday weekend and just what it means to people etc. In commemoration of the human element of Black Friday, I wrote an article called 'On Buy Nothing Day' that you probably want to read. Earlier this year, I did a book review of Obsessive Consumption by Kate Bingaman-Burt that is also of pertinent interest.

10 comments:

diane said...

Adbusters is great.
Buy Nothing Day is a really good idea. If enough people actually didn't buy anything on a selected day, it would bring the bankers to their knees. Consumers are more powerful than they know.
Love the braids.

Rebecca said...

I love milkmaid braids! They look so cute on you too!

Becky-May said...

cool stuff. i love your blog. and that cardi looks amaze

BM

thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

x

new outfit post on my blog

Katie said...

Jealous! Milkmaid braids just make me look like a milkmaid.

Marina said...

The braids are great on you. My hair is so fine they would look completely ridiculous on me, much to my dismay.

liberation flamingo said...

I'm a big fan of the milkmaid braid trend, just haven't quite mastered it myself...


http://liberationflamingo.blogspot.com

Lisanne said...

You inspired me to make the milkmaid braids to, I'm in love!

astridadeline said...

beautiful blog

Tavi said...

The braids look damn good! Now we are a little more like twins, and I am a little closer to achieving my life goal.
And on the above post, OMG HARRIS!!!!!

Katie said...

I love the braids! What youtube video did you use?? I want to learn :)I love your outfit by the way!

crazyuniquekfashionistakatiekate.blogspot.com