Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Out of this Place

Many thanks for the help of my lovely blog interns/roommates for taking my outfit pictures and keeping the dream alive! First world problems here, without a functional tripod... Anyways, I never thought I would ever find myself dressing like some sort of Canadian Ralph Lauren sportswear enthusiast, but here I am mixing cable knits with plaid. I'm wearing a lobster pin and a Canadian flag pin too!

Oh, and if my transformation into an incense-burning, evile eye-wearing hippie wasn't totally complete yet... I bought wooden earrings. Yes, those wooden earrings. And I kind of love them too?

15 comments:

louise or valentine said...

you give me hope for cold weather dressing.


it's a whiteout blizzard here in nyc, any suggestions?

Peacock's Hat said...

I got some of those wooden earrings ages ago but never succeeded in actually getting them into my ear. They were quite fiddly and was worried I was going to give myself a splinter if I was too rough with them.

Naehee Chung said...

i like your lobster..

DON'T FORGET THE 'Y' said...

omg for a second when i saw the thumbnail of this post's main image i thought you shaved your head! well the sides at least. which im guessing you would still look amazing with. what with that pretty face and all.

Madame G said...

Your wee lobster pin is so cute!!

Cara said...

This is def one of my favourite outfits of yours <3

Liz said...

i'm convinced wooden earrings have addictive properties... i can't stop buying them.

Becca Jane said...

I love the yellow sweater but I died over the lobster pin. Amazingly awesome.

Jean Caulfield said...

Dear Isabel,

I could marry that sweater+lobster combo.

Sincerely,
Jean

Meagan said...

I am so obsessed with lobsters. I have a giant stuffed lobster, a lobster dress (oh yes), a lobster soap-on-a-rope... it's ridiculous.

Shanita said...

loving the earrings! =D

by the way, in that closeup pic of the earrings, what picture is that on the wall in the background? it looks really nice. =)

Box Moon Babble said...

Love the color of that sweater. Very nice.


Boxmoonbabble.blogspot.com

dani d. said...

this outfit is one of my faves of yours, Isabel. that sweater is phenom! you look so punk rock!!

dani-d.com
knitoriousknits.blogspot.com

E. Peace said...

Love this blog! one of my favorites currently
im now following!
check out mine!
-E Peace
http://colormestyled.blogspot.com/

Cheers.

Danielle said...

Wooden earrings? Like... gauges?