Friday, February 25, 2011

I can't be your apologist very long.

This outfit is so close to the realm of minimalism, it is not something I would usually picture myself wearing. But after watching Rushmore for the 3rd time, I realized I had to dress like Rosemary Cross, at least for a day and I knew I had the perfect cable knit sweater, maxi dress and clunky boots to get her look just right. Miss Cross is my favourite lady character out of all the Wes Anderson movies I've seen. She seems like such a beautiful, kind woman and I am inspired by her worldly innocence and strength of character. It's a shame she gets so much less attention then the harsh creative Margot Tenenbaum, because I think I'd much rather be friends with Miss Cross.


15 comments:

Becca Jane said...

I love this outfit! I have not seen that movie, but it looks like one I would like, will have to check it out!

Meagan said...

This is a super cool outfit. I don't usually like minimalism either, but I think it's good in low doses.

Meagan said...

and also: big big BIG thanks for the tweet. I am super glad you don't find my rambling ridiculous and teenager-ish (actually, if you do, that'd be a compliment). Yay for happy things!

rad-tastic said...

wow, spot on! you look adorable!
such a great character too

Adriano said...

damn, you love wearin man repellers.

Bianca said...

i like this very much!!

http://crumpetsandt.blogspot.com

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

I love your movie inspiration posts! This outfit looks lovely on you!
xxxx

Liz said...

i love miss cross! this is perfect!

teenage said...

she is indeed lovely.
I really adore her character and I'm in love with the movie (the soundtrack got me haha).

ps.: I really adore your blog,too ;)
(:

Andrea said...

Great look, really! Austerity chic is all the fashion right now apparently.

Diane said...

Using Rosemary Cross as a sartorial guide. Can you get more awesome?

Allison said...

I kind of want to try a maxi skirt like this, but I'm afraid that if the material is too thin and the wind is blowing outside that it would give kind of a camel toe...?

CultureOnHold said...

You nailed that Cross outfit perfectly! It required a double take since, being a huge fan of Wes Anderson, Rosemary Cross is one of the many characters that have been engraved in my mind and with my first glance, I swore you were her.

-Nina (www.cultureonhold.blogspot.com)

Hazel said...

SO PERFECT

james said...

I like this look!