Thursday, February 17, 2011

She's Ovulating!!

Roommate: "I feel like its Halloween today."

Yes. Last night in a half-ass attempt to study for my Women's Studies midterm, I watched the movie Ginger Snaps and accidentally stumbled upon the greatest angsty goth girl outfit inspiration of all time. It's a lycanthropy-themed campy Canadian horror movie and the two main sisters Brigitte and Ginger are the ultimate creepy yet awesome examples of teenage ennui. Ginger's style was a little "high school Wiccan" for my tastes while she was busy transforming into a werewolf, but Brigitte's awkward style and twitchy mannerisms were the ultimate inspiration behind this outfit. The plaid skirt is vintage, worn with an American Apparel turtleneck and Blundstone boots.



Why not add a cape for good measure?

17 comments:

sarah deetz said...

BAD ASS. That length on you is the best. Plus I love the cape drama. I haven't seen Ginger Snaps in years (You must watch the 'wittily' titled sequel Ginger Snaps Back!) I loved Ginger when I was younger because I was all about being a Wiccan and carrying crystals around in my pocket and casting spells with my friends (It sounds far more romantic and film-like than it really was) now I see you're right! Bridgette is so ace.

Becca Jane said...

Love the plaid skirt. And that movie sounds fantastic, I will have to check it out. I didn't realize it was Canadian!

rad-tastic said...

Amazing inspiration right? I've loved Ginger Snaps for years!

Crimson Ebolg said...

The cape is especially awesome, wherever did you get it?

Andrew said...

every day is halloween! live it! haah

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Looks so amazing with that cape. This movie sounds wonderful too, i must hunt it down.
xxxxx

Paolina of Calur Villade said...

yes! this post makes me style. ive heard of the movie but ill defiantly check it out now! ive always been very judgmental of plaid things, but for the past few months ive been really into it, especially your skirt! hehehe i need to go plaid shopping soon? any good spots other than value village and salvation army to find some good plaid?

K said...

I like the tartan. Is it a McDonald one? Also, nice cape.

K xx


http://duenotice.blogspot.com/

KAMI said...

+best proportions evaaa+

goth reform school said...

I loved that movie in high school.

Allison said...

This is a great outfit...wierd how those two girls were also played the sisters in that Hilary Duff Cinderella movie.

Savannah Burton said...

I really want that plaid skirt! You never cease to amaze me! Epic post and outfit as usual! Yeah! :-)

Horses in the sky said...

i'm afraid of watching ginger snaps..

Twobreadsplease said...

i WANT to watch this film. Freaking love your skirt! x

Eyeliah said...

And its a Canadian film as well :)

Melissa said...

i have that cape - i love it! you look a lot like winona rider (i'm sure you get that a lot...)

cute outfit!

http://plaidskirtsforwomens.com said...

Love that cape, so pretty you look!:)