Monday, April 11, 2011

Doll Parts

 Today I feel like a schoolmarm in this wide collar dress, smart brogues and hair held tightly in a bun. I bought the dress when Cheapskate Chic was selling a few choice items. Its so proper, and yet naughty at the same time because its so transparent that I have to wear this lacy vintage slip with it.

School is almost finished and I couldn't be more pleased! Also, I will be in British Columbia for five weeks starting in May doing this hippie social justice/ecology-based field school called the Redfish School of Change. Afterwards I'm looking to spend a few days in either Vancouver or Victoria so if your home base is the West Coast I would really appreciate some travel tips on cool things I can see/do in those two cities while I'm there!

10 comments:

Robyn said...

If you're headed to Victoria, make sure you check out the little Italian bistro, Pagliacci's. It's...downtown near Gov't Street, right beside a fountain on the side of the Bay Center. Lunch is the best there, but make sure you go around 11am, or 1pm. (noon is so busy!) It's definitaly worth hunting out, some of the best food I've ever had!
-Robyn

S said...

Woah! I live in Vancouver (I'm in Toronto for school right now though) so I should totally send you a list of things to do! I'm too excited to go home. You'll love it, it's beautiful in the summer.

Meagan said...

I love schoolgirls, zomg. Hope you have fun with your trip!

Gotham Girls said...

omgggg i luh this dress girl , babin

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

SUCH a great dress! Lovely, lovely.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
31summers giveaway

Dizzy Miss Lizzy said...

This dress is the best :)

miss k said...

such a cute outfit
x



http://bonjourbelletristesse.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

While in Vancouver take your hip self up Main st - peruse the best of vintage stores, geeky book goodness, vegan-friendly shoes, records! and coffee that'll keep you up for days. Also, punk rock karaoke! Need I say more?

Oh, and the Biltmore. I have a feeling you'd like some of the shows there. A grunge-baby's wet dream.

Izumihiiiflower said...

i looooooove your dress <3<3<3<3<3

dani d. said...

from Vancouver, myself, I agree with Anonymous about Main St and the Biltmore! I'd also check out Commercial Drive if you have time... lots of cute restaurants, vintage stores and boutiques. but my FAVE vintage store is Used House of Vintage on Granville and Robson! I think you'll dig it :)