Monday, May 02, 2011

Brand New Life

 So its May 2nd, which means ELECTION DAY if you're a resident of that bounteous nation where maple syrup flows free. I mean Canada, duh. I tend to have pretty strong political opinions, and so here is a public service announcement to fight apathy. Vote! Please! Preferably not for Stephen Harper! It would be dumb to deny yourself the opportunity to participate in democratic society so as long as you're eligible, take the ten minutes out of your day and go vote! Even if you don't consider yourself 'well-educated' on the issues at hands, just go with your gut instinct.
Today is also the day I board a plane Westward to British Columbia, to embark on my latest travel adventure. I'm backpacking for five weeks and can't wait to be surrounded by the natural beauty of the Rockies. I'll be leaving behind regular internet connectivity and all semblances of fashion for longer than I feel comfortable with, but it's all about pushing boundaries your own, right? I mean I'm really pushing the boundaries of fashion with these hiking boots (thrifted, $13). The phoenix sweater will be there to be my spirit guide every step of the way.

So see you on the flip side! In the meantime, check out my weird girl mug in the latest and greatest video blog I made!! It's an entry for the Whoinspiresu.ca contest sponsored by TriCylen-Lo and I have the chance to win a whopping ten grand if my video gets chosen. Send me positive brainwaves!

21 comments:

the fashion turd said...

Have an awesome trip...lose yourself in it! and amazingly ugly jumper...well done!

Louise said...

so exciting to hear a blogger's voice! i'm watching your vlogs now... oh man, i HATE worms too... i don't even like typing the word haha

Niki said...

This is great, I would definitely read your magazine!

Peacock's Hat said...

I know exactly what you mean about the lack of interesting content in fashion magazines. What irritates me most is when they have one token serious news story- the earthquake in Japan for example- then turn the page, oh let's forget about the world's suffering... those shoes are nice.
Can I come write for your magazine?? It sounds great.

melly said...

welcome to "beautiful british columbia", you will read that on every license plate...when in vancouver, hit up main street for excellent secondhand clothes and book shops - and the jimi hendrix shrine, ha!cheers.

minimal coast said...

fugazi go fugazi go

Kamila said...

I would totally buy such a magazine (but that would probably be quite impossible since I live in Europe)! Really, women's thoughts are not all about diet yoghurts and how to make someone sleep with you. And magazines that are 75% advertisments are not worthy spending so much money on.

Anna L. said...

I think you could create a really good magazine that is actually interesting. The majority of magazines that I have read and bought a few issues of have always been about: dieting, new ways to get a guy interested in you and they are just filled with adverts rather than reading material. Good Luck, I really hope you win this! And if you do, I know you will do a great job.

Daisy said...

seriously fantastic, I hope you win !!

Anonymous said...

you have an amazing accent!
good luck with the trip xx

Meagan said...

ahhhhh. your sweater is lovely and your video is lovely!!!! actually, I'm quite surprised that you haven't made a zine yet. you brought up very real points with the whole current-magazines-being-stupid thing, and I totally agree, and I hope you win!

Anonymous said...

you're pretty hot bro. congrats

meagan said...

um, that sweater is fantastic. it looks sooo cozy and phoenix is a good spirit animal to keep you company. have fun on your trip!

EUQINOM-SEVEN said...

Hi my name is Monzie,...i really like your blog please feel free to check out my blog.. and if you like my blog id love for us to you to follow each other.
http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/
xoxo

Jewellery Channel said...

Have a nice trip!!Your sweater is looking gorgeous..

emily said...

Of you do make this magazine, would you be able to make it available in the UK? It sounds like it would be really interesting, and I would definitely want to read it.

rachel said...

I hope you win! Especially because your magazine is definitely something that really, really needs to exist. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

All I can hear is "ow"tfit. I dig those Canadian accents. I need to get my ass up there soon before this entire country goes to sh*t.

Marlena said...

Good luck with the contest! I hope you win <3 This magazine idea NEEDS to happen!

Emily said...

love your sweater and peter pan collar. so cute. and i would totally buy your magazine. good luck!

fiona withrington said...

i love your jumper!