Sunday, May 08, 2011

Nelson, BC

 We finally got out of the wilderness for a bit and spent the day hanging around Nelson, BC. It's a pretty small city but the downtown is this amazingly vibrant hippie haven. Someone should seriously start a "Nelson Street Style" blog and just take pictures of all the gnarly hippies wearing lace pants, tabi boots and ponchos. I tried and failed to fit in by wearing my ridiculous thrifted tie-dye long sleeve shirt but had lots of fun just soaking in the  Nelson 'culture' by visiting the huge food co-op and eating at a vegetarian restaurant. I was so excited to see a wall painted with different musicals, especially my childhood favourite The Wizard of Oz and figured it was the perfect outfit photo-op!
 My new favourite book.

12 comments:

Anna said...

Hahaha - it looks like it says "BARF" above your head! Did you do that on purpose? Either way, it gave me a chuckle. I love your blog - your style is always so fun and tongue in cheek. I love how you don't take the whole thing seriously, as so many pretentious bloggers do these days.

Kate said...

Me encanta esa camiseta!!!! Love t-shirt!

Kate

Dodo said...

That shirt is really neat! Love how it's still quite nicely done for tie die!

Savannah Burton said...

lets move to Nelson together, okay? Actually... sounds like a place my hippie grandmother might like to live as well.. Do you mind if she accompanies us?

Jean Caulfield said...

Hahhah yes dude it totally looks like it says barf thats hilarious! I've actually been to Nelson B.C. its sick dude. Jealous!

OrigamiGirl said...

I love the painting behind you! It also amuses me, as someone else pointed out, that you have the word 'barf' above your head. :)

Shelly said...

That shirt is so cool. Hallucinogenic. O~O
I love these cute, tiny hip towns of good ol' Canada, they're so much fun to explore with those little gift and thrift shops!

xox
Shelly
www.m-o-dbox.blogspot.com

louise or valentine said...

have you ever been to washington?
i think you'd love port townsend and seattle, not gonna lie.
both are super into music and kind of hippiesh but also have a lot of other subcultural music things going on.

i really want to do a tour of oregon and washington, it sounds just so pretty.

Ellinor Forje said...

I love the the background and your batik printed shirt. And there's more batik below! Thanks for sharing the photo and drop by me too, soon.

Ciao.

Aliza said...

That town/city looks awesome! I wish i could go there... I love hippe havens. I recently went to woodstock, it was a dream. Love your clothes and or style etc etc!

M3L said...

I love your outfit :) It goes so well with the bright background too. I love your blog, it's so real and yet amazingly beautiful compared to some other fashion bloggers :)

private investigator in toronto said...

so bright and colorful
nice outfit