Saturday, May 14, 2011

Unshowered Masses

In a stroke of incredible luck, I found this colourful embroidered poncho in one of the rooms of the hippie lodge I'm currently staying at in BC. The embroidery is so intricate and beautiful that I just had to get a picture of myself wearing it, even though its not mine to keep. It made me want to prance outside in the natural world.
Speaking of prancing, I spent the last week rocking the unshowered look while camping in Valhalla Provincial Park. At the beginning of the trip carrying the weight of a massive backpack made me want to blow up things, but by the end, I was a tough as a mountain goat, displaying agility on those precarious rocky trails! Soon we're moving on to the Okanagan Valley, see you on the flip side.

19 comments:

Kate said...

This poncho es fantastic!!!

Kate

Louise said...

Wow, that is some poncho. I like it, it's very eye-catching.

edgeindustrialphotography said...

thanks for taking the 2nd photo - the colours blow my mind - great to see it in such detail


no dignity to masculinity

Angela said...

That's pretty amazing! So much detail to take in, wow!

Sunshine said...

that thing is glorious

Meagan said...

Fabulous colors! Camping seems fun, but the two times I've gone camping I've thrown up so I've stopped trying.

Jazz futula sum hic said...

bloomin heck! rulllllin

laia. said...

perfect poncho to do shrooms in the wood or something!
not that im advocating that or anything...

leilani.e said...

YOU'RE IN VALHALLA?? I am so very jealous -- my family used to go there every summer for music camp in silverton/new denver, across the lake. (It's totally swim-able, my friend josh did it a few times.) Have fun! I really, really miss it. And if you make it to Silverton/New Denver, grab food or coffee at the Apple Tree, play the giant chess next door and say hi to Dave!

owlinalarkworld said...

Ahhh yes, pack carrying is certainly the worst part of tramping.

Savannah Burton said...

STEAL IT! AND GIVE IT TO ME!!

Samantha Lui said...

That is some poncho!! I would never be able to pull that off!!
Bravo!!

Claire G. said...

KIND OF DYING THAT PONCHO IS SO AMAZING?!

that deserved a run-on sentence since my amazement is beyond puncturation :D nicely done!

wholesale clothing said...

this poncho looks great! love it's color..

dani d. said...

look out for Ogopogo int the Okanogan Lake!!

Michele said...

Fuck yeah awesome poncho! Too bad you can't keep it. Looks perfect on you

Pansy Lane said...

A PONCHO! Ahaha, it's like that quote from The Mighty Boosh.. it's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

This is amazing!

Kedsman said...

LOVE the colors in the poncho and the leggings and sneakers awesome!