Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Emancipation of My Former Frames

Notice anything different? The crop top, Doc Martens and floral skirt are standard issue - its the glasses that aren't quite right. A few weeks ago, my wonderful glasses had a run-in with an errant foot and came out defeated. My dad patched them up but they were bound to break again and now I'm stuck wearing these awful glasses that not only are a tragic reminder of my high school days, but aren't even the right prescription!

Tragedy strikes!
Picked myself out a pair of subtle cat eyes that I'll be rocking soon enough!

13 comments:

Meagan said...

I don't know, they're not too bad. It makes you look book smart. Or something like that.

Xenia said...

Man that sucks! I loved your glasses. They really suited you! Love the outfit aswell.

Xenia xx

edgeindustrialphotography said...

'but aren't even the right prescription!'

love it - old glasses with an old prescription are always there waiting
for days like this, to be found useful again(!)
- don't know what's worse looking through old prescription
lenses or just going all 'Velma(!)

edgeindustrialphotography.blogspot.com

MoniqueS said...

Love your skirt!

olivias-pizzaz said...

Hey at least you get cool new cat eye ones!! But that does still suck :(
olivias-pizzazz.blogspot.com
xx

Peacock's Hat said...

I noticed straight away! Not in a 'Oh God they look awful kind of a way', but just as a glasses/contacts wearer myself I notice these things.
OMG CAT EYES. I need a pair so freaking bad. I've wanted some for forever. Hasn't been helped lately either by how much Mad Men and Miss Marple I've been watching.

Emmett Katherine said...

That sucks. my brother did that once, broke my glasses by sitting on them.

Claire M. said...

Nice skirt I like it

Hipster said...

hahaha
check this out: http://hipsterdays.blogspot.com/

twoteensadventurers said...

I want cat eye glasses. I love you outfit too. Im obsessed with Doc Martens.
http://musicfashionandallthatjazz.blogspot.com/

GraceFace said...

Nawh, that's so sad! I have the old glasses hanging around for contact lens emergencies and it's awful not being able to see properly...

just emily said...

hate when this happens, once I had to sellotape the arm from a pair of sunglasses onto my glasses after they got trodden on at a gig

Nessy said...

Love skirt