Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fashion in the Wilderness

When you're living out of a backpack for longer than a month, you start to come up with some pretty crazy combinations for the 6 clothing items you brought with you. All of a sudden, Halloween socks were socially acceptable in the middle of May and it was more than natural to pair them with a thrift store Phoenix sweater and Adidas shorts. I wanted to share some of the photos from my time in British Columbia with you all, not only for the beautiful natural scenery but also for my hilarious getups! I swear that for the rest of my days, I won't be able to wear my Black Flag shirt without remembering backpacking in Valhalla Provincial Park.


I was known for wearing tie-dye...all the time. I was always wearing either my tie-dye shirt or my tie-dye leggings, and everyone kept urging me to wear them together!! The tie-dye suit never materialized (I do have some shreds of dignity still clinging to my ego) but I will henceforth refer to all tie-dye outfits as a "camping tuxedo." Like a Canadian tuxedo but weirder.

11 comments:

edgeindustrialphotography said...

the return of the phoenix sweater!!
+ the black flag shirt
... doesn't get any better

edgeindustrialphotography.blogspot.com

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Ahh the tie-dye is amazing!! I think you should become known as the woman who climbs mountains in head to toe tie-dye personally ;D you can put little tie dye flags at the peaks when you've conquered the mountains!
xxxxx

twoteensadventurers said...

i love the tie-dye. Its awesome.Those tights would look awesome with this black skirt i have.
http://musicfashionandallthatjazz.blogspot.com

K said...

Awesome, I love the tie-dye leggings!

K xx

Savannah Burton said...

I love the tie dye leggings and the sweater!!

olivias-pizzaz said...

um your socks are awesome!!!
olivias-pizzazz.blogspot.com
xx

Jean Caulfield said...

Love the big cable knit in the last one! Well love all of it really! Its always fun to wear really weird stuff when you're camping- last time I went out camping with my family my uncle described me as "its like a young English boy trying to be a Merry Prankster who had a baby with an Appalachian babe."

Maya said...

'"camping tuxedo."'

ahahaha... that is really funny! I know how it goes =) Things start to become pleasing and more comfortable in a different way!

I will have to draw that =)

I tried making some tie dye leggings and failed miserably :-(

Claire M. said...

Tie-dye leggings are awesome! I love it too ;)

discotheque confusion said...

wow it looks beautiful (halloween socks included!) I have the prospect of a month living out of a backpack in europe looming ahead of me and have no clue how i'm going to approach packing. yeah..

Kedsman said...

Love the crazy outfits!! Hope the hiking was fun. The socks were rad and it looked like you had on some super cute little black tennies, no? Was hard to see in the pics but I love them. Keep up the craziness!