Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Drumroll, please!

This is it, the moment you've all been waiting for... My zine is finally finished and up for sale!!! It's been a slog doing all that writing, editing and compiling of materials but I had the most fun of my life working on it and I can't wait to get started on issue #2 of PLANT magazine!

I even took a picture wearing different glasses to be extra-convincing! It's jam packed with thoughtful and hilarious commentary, including my thoughts on the SlutWalk (not so hilarious), a style profile of the lovely Sarah of Silence Sweetheart, wicked fashion photos and even an article called "Can Tea Flavours Be Sexist?" Only I am crazy enough to write that article, and I wrote the heck out of it.

I've got it for sale on Etsy in Black and White and Colour. The colour one has four pages printed in colour, the rest is black and white. It's a wee bit more expensive, but that's because colour photocopies are almost $1 per page. Damn Kinko's...



Also, has everyone been voting for me every day in the WhoInspiresU video contest?? If I win, I promise the next issue of PLANT will be bigger, better and brighter. The contest runs until September 16th and even Kurt and Courtney are voting so you should too...
Photobucket

15 comments:

Marlena said...

YAY!! I'll be purchasing a copy ASAP! ^.^

Girls Love Stuff Kid said...

I like your big glasses!

Girls love stuff blog

Dylana Suarez said...

Super lovely blog!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

gabi said...

votin' every day!!
you're the best ^_^

Sofie Marie said...

Woooh,hopefully if I find some spare cash(must start looking inbetween the sofa,under the bed ect),then I'll glady buy one.

Magnet said...

I have been voting for you, and even though I freaking love zines and magazines... (it's been my dream to work for one for god knows how long, which is one of the reasons I'm studying graphic design) I've never actually purchased one so I think yours will be the first. Hopefully there are copies left on the weekend. I bookmarked the etsy page.

Meagan said...

I am getting your magazine. I am SO excited.

OrigamiGirl said...

I definately want to buy your magazine. I'm waiting to get paid so hoping you don't sell out too soon!
I am especially interested in the tea article. :)

Emma said...

Wow! I think I have to buy a copy now! Also just wanted to let you know that I voted for you in the WhoInspiresU contest. I'm always on the lookout for Canadian fashion magazines that actually have something intelligent to say and it sounds like you have really good ideas! (Also, I recently discovered Worn Fashion Journal, which you should check out if you haven't already.)

Peacock's Hat said...

Woo! I am so freaking excited about getting this in the post! And even more excited about the next issue and my article! (that I hope you still want!)

Angie Bitchface said...

the cover and pictures look fucking scrumptious and the articles sound really interesting, especially the tea one! can't wait to get this in the mail!

angiebitchface.blogspot.com

Andrew said...

congratulations on the zine! I'll buy an issue for sure

And you've definitely got my vote!!

death_sexxx said...

damn cool that you made a zine!

Katie said...

Hey Isabel! I'm new to your blog and I'm already a fan. Have you ever thought about self-publishing through Magcloud.com or Issuu.com? My friend uses both sites for his magazine, BRINK (http://www.issuu.com/brinkmag) and it's free. Check it out! Best of luck to you! xo

Eline said...

Aahh I'm super curious as to what you're writing about nature. I'd buy a copy asap if I didn't unawarely spend a huge amount of money this month. Hopefully a copy will still be available in a couple of weeks!