Friday, September 09, 2011

99 Problems

This outfit definitely reflects that I've been spending a bit TOO much time studying my September issue of Vogue this year. I went thrifting yesterday and found a snakeskin print skirt, chunky loafers and a chartreuse shirt - so why not show them off all at once!
Snakeskin was all over just about every page of the September issue and though I've always been partial to leopard print, I figured that as long as the print still fits into the Animal Kingdom then it isn't to far out of my comfort zone. The shirt is some weird neon athletic bicycle shirt, but I thought that it had potential so I'm looking forward to styling it in new ways.
Chunky loafers are legit.

I'm starting my final year of University on Monday and there is only ONE WEEK LEFT to vote for me in the WhoInspiresU video contest!! I'm only in third place right now and the voting is really tight so help me hold my spot in the top 3 by voting every day! I really want this feminist fashion magazine to happen and we need this cash to make it happen. Also, spread the word! Tell your momma, poppa, grandmomma to log on to the interwebs and vote for Isabel.

To all my new readers who found me via Style Rookie, I LOVE YOU ALL.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

ya! i found u via Style Rookie. And i love eveything u wear. Stay weird!

kate cait sith said...

aaaa u found the shirt of my dreams! :( it's a gem! this outfit is really up my alley right now.
u channeled vogue quite well! that was a great issue.

Angie Bitchface said...

wow, what the hell is up with that shirt?? (I ask this question in the most complimentary possible way. I WANT IT)

Isabela L. said...

The faces!!! wow. Very intruguing look and love how you combined the patterns/textures.

Suri May said...

omg. those chunky loafers are killer! i've been going thrifting to find some but in brown. so far, no luck :(
i do actually find some, but they're always too small for my gigantic feet! love the snakeskin skirt btw! :D

love buzz said...

dream outfit!!! i've been searching for similar loafers xxx

Magnet said...

Hey, I knew of you before Style Rookie, does that mean I'm not loved? T____T .... jokes. Anyway, nice outfit, I actually really like the shirt, despite being confused about what it actually was.

Dayzee said...

I love that outfit! I wrote a post about you and voting for you but I doubt it will attract many votes coz I don't have many followers.

http://styledynamite.blogspot.com/2011/09/vote-for-isabel.html

Dayzee said...

I love that outfit! I wrote a post about you and voting for you but I doubt it will attract many votes coz I don't have many followers.

http://styledynamite.blogspot.com/2011/09/vote-for-isabel.html

alexandra said...

i love it, this look is just great!

Meagan said...

I usually hate snakeskin but now I don't when I saw all of the creative ways Muiccia styled it... and you as well. Keep being awesome, kay?

Also I GOT YOUR ZINE IN THE MAIL AND MY HEART EXPLODED WITH GRRRL HAPPINESS. It was very good. My favortie part was the SlutWalk article and the reference to Black Swan.

Renee Revolution said...

Those shoes are great. I wish I could find shoes that awesome at the thrift store.

Good luck in your last year! I hope it goes well. And good luck in the contest, too!

Peps said...

I woted. I hope you win and we can read you magazine also in Finland someday. It sounds perfect!

olivias-pizzaz said...

that is such a wonderful outfit! What a great skirt, looks soo cool!! ahh I want you to win, Ill vote like crazy!!

Teresa said...

Loving your braids with the mismatched prints.

invasionista

Julie said...

I found you from style rookie. I'm probably twice your age but I love seeing what cool young ladies are into these days. I had a Sassy subscription in the dark ages before girls had the internets.

xo from New York City

Julia said...

love the snake skin print - I am definitely going to try to find something like that in the nearest thrift store!! :)
xoxo

the-forties-hobo said...

I love this outfit! The shirt is awesome. I found your blog recently, and can't get enough of your posts.
~Amy

the-forties-hobo said...

I love this outfit! The shirt is awesome. I found your blog recently, and can't get enough of your posts.
~Amy

Vanessa said...

Awesome outfit! Thrifting at its best ^_^

Born for Joy said...

I love this aaaaah!!! <333