Monday, September 26, 2011

Tiger Woods

On Sunday I finally dragged my big, cookie-eating butt out of the house, onto the Greyhound and into Toronto for the Word on the Street Festival. As a magazine culture junkie, the idea of entering a park where loads of awesome magazines are being sold for ridiculously cheap prices is akin to going on a week long coke bender. I got 3 issues of Shameless for $5 and a subscription to Maisonneuve (which is hands down one of Canada's best magazines) for $20 and that is really all that matters in life right now. Plus, I got to hang out with the awesome ladies of Worn Fashion Journal and listen to a panel on "Diversity in Fashion Magazines" (necessary) and meet the coolest cat, my favourite writer-lady Chandler Levack! All this excitement was almost to much to handle! Better than a week long coke bender!

Oh yeah, clothes. I guess I decided to cover the top half of my body in light colours and dark colours on the bottom half. I'm not really partial to sports teams but the image of a shark biting a hockey stick clean in half over a backdrop visually screaming "ATTACK!" is enough to make me a San Jose Sharks fan for life.

11 comments:

Charlie said...

Magazines are the souls of our culture....<3

Laura said...

sounds like fun! Digging the outfit! nothing like a cute stripy shirt and a quirky tee! also Creepers! yayy! so want a pair!

I'm also kinda jealous because I am kind of in love with Toronto from pictures and from Beckerman Bite Plate and I really want to go there!

I hope you had a great time.

Laura said...

By the way, thanks for mentioning Shameless magazine. I just found the online page and it is fascinating!

Damsels said...

i miss magazine subculture! its almost non existent now and i say i miss it but i probably mean something more like i missed out on it . being born in 1990 and all

Oscar and Anna said...

love this one ! it's so fun! I have to send you one of my t's when they're here !!

Christina said...

nooooo! I've been reading your blog for awhile and I never comment, but don't become a san jose sharks fan!!! (although their team colours are probably my favorite in the NHL) but as a devoted Bruins fan this made me cringe! (obv. I don't mind as much as I felt compelled to mind but still!!!) get some B's threads up there! the yellow and black makes for nice accessorizing also! (trust me I do this ;)

Lucius said...

Print Lives!!!

Gosh, this makes me feel guilty now for not having any print subscriptions. Must--get--one--soon . . .

meagan said...

long live print! good magazines are TREASURES because there are so few of them. there really is nothing like picking up an intelligent, inspiring magazine.

dying over your skirt! and creepers! all of it.

Fifi said...

I am obsessed with magazines too

If it's in magazine form, I will read it.

Your baby fringe makes me want my baby fringe back (all grown out now, boo hoo)

ramona muse said...

<3 that outfit. BIG TIME.

Stephanie said...

Bummed that I didn't run into you at WOTS, but I'm glad you got to meet Chandler! I know her from school--oh Toronto, you are such a small big city.