Saturday, October 22, 2011

I think I need to go back to bed.

Day 3
 Day 4

Wellll, fashion week has finally come to an end. I had a funking amazing time but I'm quite glad to be back, so that I can lounge around in sweat clothes instead of having to put "effort" into my appearance. A special thank you to all the Wornettes who were kind enough to take my outfit photos each day!

On Day 3, I wore my thrifted Comme des Garcons top from Beacon's Closet (NYC, baby!) with an American Apparel skirt and what I kindly refer to as my "fashion week boots." I bought them especially for this week because I didn't own any suitable high heels for wearing all day.

On Day 4, I finally figured out how to wear my special Balenciaga dress without looking like a matronly office worker - pair it with weird tights, a flannel shirt and 90s square toe boots. Words to live by, people!


Everyone seemed to want to take pictures of my leopard print coat, I seem to have been featured on both the Toronto Standard and Toronto Life wearing it! By the end of the week I my almost wished I wasn't wearing it because I felt like a loser who only had one "outfit." But it's been my perfect Autumn weather jacket and my most prized possession ever since I bought it six years ago, so it's not going anywhere. I guess it'll be my signature look 'til the day I die. Or possibly get a better coat, but that seems unlikely.

You can read my post on the first few days of fashion week at the Worn Fashion Journal blog, and my next post will be up soon!

17 comments:

Charlie said...

You lead a desirable life, my friend

The Awkward Indie Girl said...

Great job of looking great all week! Wear that beautiful jacket with pride - it's fabulous, and there's nothing wrong with having a signature piece :) I'm looking forward to reading more on the Worn Fashion Journal blog.

Luka said...

Baaaah that is awesome! Super proud of you dude. Stay awesome (not that you can help it)!

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

That velvet top really is so stunning :)
xxxx

Eve said...

Why are you so cool? O.o

Alice /// VESTIGIAL WINGS said...

the cdg top is awesome. if i saw it i'd probably buy it too but id have no idea how to wear it lol

Laura said...

i love that black velvet top! velvet and a diagonal hem! I'm dying a little here!

http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/
http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/

Meagan said...

Your outfits are magic. I esp. like the Comme shirt you lucky girl you.

meagan said...

um, balenciaga dress + punctuation tights?! and the way the cdg's hemline trails perfectly with your skirt! beyond, simply beyond.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Ooohhh... ooohhh... day three! HEAVEN!

ZombieLace said...

Congrats on being featured with your sweet coat! You look awesome and I am glad you had fun.

Xu Box said...

Wow, Isabel. this is great! The fashion world is lucky to have you as one of their most coveted fashion icons.

Lucius said...

That "looking like a pussycat" cap is the clincher (cincher?).

It has this kind of beguiling sleuthy "blending in" drama. "Nancy Drew and the Leopard-print Jinx". What hijinks must ensue?

Flow Disruption said...

That velvet top is divine! Both plaids look amazing as well. You mix grungy and pretty so so well. ;)

looking forward to you said...

hellooo!!! i've been following your bloggg for a while and i've been coveting those f'n awesome tights, the comic strip curse sign ones. i was trolling around on the interwebs and i found this picture of YOUR TIGHTS!!! actually, i found it on maxine ashley's tumblr, but oh well. this is the original picture. actually, this has probably been reblogged from the end of time. uhm. so yea, here's the link

http://1minute1second.tumblr.com/post/11750428702

also, i WANT that dress. the chloe one. (duh.) drool.

looking forward to you said...

http://1minute1second.tumblr.com/post/11750428702


your tights.
they rock.
your dress.
i want it.

Fashion Forestry said...

The day 3 look is amazing!