Wednesday, October 19, 2011

#LGFW


Well, hello there! Here I am, blogging live from the office of WORN Fashion Journal! I don't really know what's going on with this outfit, it's kind of twee-goth who loves candy and creepers? Anyways, I'm here to attend some of the fashion shows as a part of LG Fashion Week and blog about them for WORN. Even though I’ve been blogging since 2006 (we call this measure of ancient time BSB or “Before Susie Bubble”) I’ve never once been invited to a fashion show. Sometimes it makes me sad, but then I remember that:
 1) I’ve never lived in a “fashion capital” or even a “big city” before
2) My blog is more about what I’M wearing rather than about what models get paid to wear.
But times are a-changin’, and the Editor-in-Chief Serah-Marie McMahon was kind enough not only to forward all of her personal invitations over to me, but also to let me stay with her throughout the week. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the kindness of people in this world!

My first post will be up on the WORN blog in a day or two (I still have to write it, oops), but in the meantime, enjoy this hilarious photobooth picture!

In the sponsor tents there is a booth that "accessorizes" you, then takes your picture and prints it out. Whatta keepsake, thanks for the memories LGFW!


22 comments:

Miguel A. Rivera Manrique said...

you're so cute!

edgeindustrialphotography said...

you deserve it
love your writing - so really looking forward
to your thoughts on the shows
cool outfit


street style: what are you wearing? (who are you listening to)

Rebecca Jane said...

Very much looking forward to your coverage and hearing your thoughts on the shows from LG Fashion week. Hopefully I will see you around! Although I have regular tickets, no fancy media pass for this girl.

Emmett Katherine said...

Hahaha twee-goth, love it!! Congrats on the LG fashion week invites/attendance, it's a blogger milestone. Looking forward to reading your perspective on the shows. Have fun!

the fashion turd said...

have fun lady! the adventure begins now..keep those doctor marten clad feet on the ground! x x

Izzy said...

post-Margielic! i love it

Izzy said...

and by the way, thanks for the mention in that interview you gave! xx

Christina said...

I really heart that outfit! possibly my fav. of yours yet!

Also looking forward to your thoughts on the shows :)

I need updates in my fashion blog queues like I need air! Thanks for keeping it up to date :)

Lara Kasabian said...

cool

Anonymous said...

Very cool! xoxDominica

www.smartgirlworld.com

Kailey said...

Eeee how exciting! Congratulations :DDD

Also, I am totally in love with this look - the sheer blouse is so so pretty!

Alice /// VESTIGIAL WINGS said...

this outfit rocks. wheres the skirt from? i think i need one.

Charlie said...

Whoooooo for Isabel!

Kb said...

Wow this is such a great oppurtunity! Love your shirt and skirt combo too.

ZombieLace said...

Haha I love your outfits and the hilarious ways you describe them. That's why your blog is cool. Congrats on the invite! I wanna be invited to something! I

Clairedontcare said...

you looking really cool actually. I wish I could pull that look off.
I cant wait to hear your coverage of fashion week.

alexis monty buell said...

i can't get over how adorable you are.

diane said...

Isa, I think you look fab, even though the peek-a-boo bra makes me cringe as a mother.

Who Moved my Birkin said...

fun socks

Meagan said...

congrats! that sounds like way too much fun.

Laura said...

love your skirt, i am so into skirts like this at the moment! i need to find some old skirts and cut them up!

its great that you are writing for this journal! congratulations!

http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/
http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/

Flow Disruption said...

Congrats! More people with individual style, rather than trendy style need a voice, anyhow.