Saturday, October 15, 2011

Repulsive Costume Ideas

Hallowe'een, Hallowe'en, the most magical time of the year! A time for unabashed sugar consumption (check), outrageous outfits often called "costumes," decorative gourds and parties galore.

I thought that I had my Hallowe'en costume for this year under control. I planned it almost a year in advance and all I needed to do was purchase a used Insane Clown Posse t-shirt from eBay, face paint then I would be totally set and ready to be a JUGGALO.


However, I dropped the ball and totally forgot about the eBay part. Now it's too late for me to order a t-shirt because it won't arrive in time for All Hallow's Eve! Last night I was racking my brains to come up with an equally repulsive costume idea, and then it came to me... TOMMY WISEAU!
If you haven't seen The Room, then you haven't lived. All I need is to wear black and find a long scraggly black wig, sunglasses and run around yelling "YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISAAA!!!!!

PS - Next week I'm in Toronto covering Fashion Week for Worn Fashion Journal! I will be attending most of the shows promise to think of clever, witty things to say about them for your reading pleasure.

16 comments:

D♥R said...

Can wait to see it !

meagan said...

juggalo costume - BRILLIANT!

Allison said...

This is quite simply awesome.

Charlie said...

BAHAHAHA JUGGALO COSTUME THAT'S HILARIOUS XD do it next year for sure, k?

Stephanie Marie said...

I can only imagine how hilarious your juggalo costume would have been -- probably as funny as that second picture. The old lady looks so happy! I don't even know what's going on there.

rachel said...

oh em gee. I can't wait to see your outfit, I find myself quoting that movie out of nowhere on a pretty frequent basis in his voice.

Sasha C said...

OH HI ISABEL. Can't wait to see it!!!

Larissa Blintz said...

juggalos scare me, but that is good! i will smile, but inside i am dying!

owlinalarkworld said...

We do not have Halloween in NZ. But we do have decorative gourds. Win.

Olivia said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Tommy Wiseau! Most creative Idea for a halloween costume I've heard/read this year.

Meagan said...

That's like, the coolest costume I've heard of, besides for my friend who went for a piece of sushi one year. I got a bunch of extra candy just because I was with her and everyone loved her costume.

alexis monty buell said...

I can't believe you're going to dress as Johnny.
The Room is an all time favorite of mine, so i couldn't be more interested.

Angie Bitchface said...

OMG THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING EVER!!

last year my friend and I went to a screening of The Room dressed as Johnny and Lisa. I was Johnny, and I used half a bottle of hair gel to make my hair look as gross as his. I looked EXACTLY like him. even I was kind of scared.

Izzy said...

Would've loved to see you as a juggalo. Looking forward to seeing your commentary on Toronto fashion week! I haven't a clue what the city has in terms of fashion.

thecultfollowing said...

I don't know if they have the stores Hot Topic or Spencers where you live but, they sell Insane Clown Posse apparel there. The stores have websites, hottopic.com or spencersonline.com . The sites are reliable and you could get expedited shipping. I'm sure whatever you do, your costume will be awesome.

sight said...

A friend made me watch The Room a while ago, it still gives me nightmares, good Halloween choice!