Thursday, October 06, 2011

Votin' Day


Busted out some bitchin' business-goth jams yesterday and wore black lipstick for the first time since Hallowe'en 2009! Unfortunately it was a short-lived experiment since black lipstick seems to smear all over my face after 15 minutes. Better invest in some eye, ummm, I mean lipliner! I'm wearing an American Apparel gingham button down with a pair of thrifted Club Monaco slacks that I altered to be skinny. They kind of look like Audrey Hepburn pants, right? Just me? Ok.

Worn with the most perfect vintage shoes in the history of the universe.
A big thanks to all the wonderful folks who I did zine swaps with! Angry Violinist is for string players who like their music abrasive not gentle, Sweat (the hairy leg zine) is a great zine by fellow blogger Jess and Victoria made a zine about the genius of John Hughes teen movies called If You Were Here. And it's pink! Double whammy!
It's Election Day in Ontario AND Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada, so I'm on the train home to vote and spend some time with my parents. I made myself a little playlist to listen to on the lengthy train ride home. Enjoy!

24 comments:

Dayzee said...

audrey hepburn is gorgeous and your trousers kinda do look like hers!

visit styledynamite.blogspot.com thanks x

louise or valentine said...

i should send you my zine from high school, you'd prolly like it!

ps awesome mix. and the black lipstick looks really good on you.

diane said...

Hi Isa, I was just scrolling through your posts, and honestly, you make me want to cut my bangs short. Then I remember that "look" doesn't work for me. Looks great on you though. :)

Peacock's Hat said...

I'd say perhaps invest in a really dark plummy lipstain or something? To avoid the smearing over your face situation.
And woo for zines :)

Martin said...

Damaged Goods by Gang of Four = WIN!

Stephanie Marie said...

You pull off black lipstick really well! And you're right, those shoes are the best ever.

meagan said...

please wear black lipstick EVERYDAY.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I agree wholeheartedly - those shoes are ace!

Kailey said...

Lovely look - you are definitely rocking the black lipstick! Also: KATE BUSH?! Perfection!

Laura said...

i love Kate Bush, she makes beautiful music and her style is awesome!

http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/

Magnet said...

I freaking love black lipstick, too bad mine kind of snapped and now I'm too scared to use it. It looks amazing on you and I love that shirt. AA does great basics.

Jess said...

Totally seeing Audrey Hepburn! Wonderful tailoring & kudos on the black lipstick, I always see it looking great on other people but have never had the balls to do it myself.

& thanks for the mention! I adored your zine too!

Crimson Ebolg said...

Black lipstick, that takes me back to 2002! Cool times indeed. (Man, I am old!)

Wondered if I might interest you in a copy of my poetry chap book in exchange for a copy of the first issue of your zine? I'm really keen to read it but I have zero money right now and a tonne of printed chapbooks. Let me know if you fancy it.

www.tenyearstime@blogspot.com

Victoria said...

Aww glad you liked it (I feel all warm and fuzzy inside) snd HI to that black lipstick - looks gorgey. I'm feel inspired to make another zine and I badly need to purchase the first issue of PLANT before it disappears :) xx

Ellinor Forje said...

THE SHADE OF LIPSTICK BRINGS SOMETHIG ELSE TO THE ABOVE OUTFIT. NICE PHOTOS. THANKS FOR SHARING AND FEEL FREE TO DROP BY ME TOO, SOON.

Flor Frutal said...

U have the best blog in the WORRRLD. ♥

Justalazymorning said...

cuuuuuute

Xu Box said...

Isabel!!! You look amazing. Those pants are so becoming on you. I've missed blogging, so I'm back!

ZombieLace said...

I love the black lipstick. And your (sort of) audrey hepburn pants :)

Emma said...

This makes me feel guilty for not making a zine! Happy Thanksgiving :)

http://voicefromthewall.blogspot.com/

the fashion turd said...

yes kate bush....yes yes....mmmmmm

lasophia said...

Kat Von D makes a good lipstick in "homegirl" that is super dark and has staying power. Despite anyones feelings on her, its a good lipstick.

D♥R said...

Audrey Hepburn for ever !

OneMousesFox said...

elliot smith takes the crown