Tuesday, November 29, 2011

There Is A Light

I've never really considered my self a vintage girl. You know what I mean, those girls think they were born in the wrong era who like rockabilly and do their hair in pin curls and idolize pin up girls and stuff. My "healthy" appreciation for 90s fashion/music/culture may border on obsessive, but underneath it all I'm an internet-obsessed 21st century girl.

That said, one of my favourite stores to shop at is Patina Vintage in uptown Waterloo. The owner Donna is really fun to talk to because she knows the story behind each piece of clothing. The prices are super affordable, I'm talking like $20 for a really awesome blouse. I went shopping there last week to do a little "research" for my school newspaper column and came out with this perfect 1960s turquoise swing coat with huge buttons and this magnificent gold brocade crop top. The blouse was only $18 (!!!) and reminds me of the curved shoulders from Balenciaga

This lovely charm bracelet was a gift sent to me by Miss Ashley Peach of Cutey. Cutey, indeed! I never wear jewelry except for my Timex indiglo watch (which totally doesn't count, it's more like outfit furniture) but this is a friendly addition to my sad, decrepit jewelry box.


Also, mega thank-you to Meagan of Naturally Dapper for taking a picture of her shrine to PLANT magazine, complete with dolls and girly tiaras! It's perfect and I couldn't be more flattered. If you're interested in a PLANT shrine of your own, then giddy up cowboy because I added more packages of PLANT issue #1 and #2 to my Etsy shop. There are only 15 available, and this is the last time PLANT #1 will ever be printed so bring some cyber-pepper spray to beat out your competitors. Ok, just kidding. But if you're looking for a Christmas gift, give ideas instead of stuff. Give PLANT magazine.

22 comments:

Marlena said...

holy shit! I am in love with that swing jacket <3__<3 You always find the best stuff!

I hope PLANT #2 doesn't run out before I can scrape together enough change to buy it! I loved the first issue SO MUCH and I can't wait to get my hands on this one. <3

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

*screams* THAT COAT IS MY DREAM COAT!

Also that broade top it HOT!

Envious of your wardrobe.

edgeindustrialphotography said...

that never goes out!! ... sorry but obviously too
much for *me* to resist!!

wow - amazing coat colour/coat

Miss Sofie said...

You might just have purchased the coat of my dreams! Seriously, it's one just like that I've been looking for forever. It's beautiful.

Anna said...

I love all of these clothes, and the bracelet. They're all gorgeous.

Bespoke Biddie said...

CAnt think of a better "healthy" obsession

Sunnie
(.=

Ingrid Mida said...

I LOVE that coat!! I have a few vintage finds myself and one of my favourites is a coat in black, turquoise and pink tweed from Paris.

Justalazymorning said...

beautiful girl!!
xoxo

Angie Bitchface said...

that brocade top is divine!!

Madeline Quaint said...

Oh, that coat is perfection! Pure perfection! And the brocade blouse? I can't even find words!

Katrina said...

The coat is too good to be true and the blouse is so glamurous! Well done!

>'.'<

Kailey said...

That coat is absolutely GORGEOUS - I love the bright color *__* Absolutely incredible finds!

Charlie said...

EEK! Don't sell out Plant #2!!!! I have devoured the first one MANY times over and I reeeeaaallly need to get my hands on this one. Just checked my wallet and I think I have 7 dollars to spare! YEEE! Great looks, as always :)

meagan said...

!!!!COAT!!!!

!!!!BROCADE!!!!

you have been blessed with thrift.

natasha said...

Oh my gosh. I love that coat!

Laura said...

i am complerely in love with that gold and black top!!!

http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/
http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/

jessica said...

agreed, but DAMN that turquoise coat is phenomenal.

Your next door neighbour said...

Nice brocade jacket girly!

ZombieLace said...

the crop top is perfection.

Raquel Cotty said...

That jacket is so amazing!!!! I love that coat!!!!! And the blouse is really pretty too!

Field Below - A LIfestyle Blog

Anonymous said...

there is a light, but not for everyone...

Leah said...

THAT COAT IS SO GOOD!!!