Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Infinite Jest

[Me at the Kingston Train Station, attempting to maintain some semblance of sanity while my train is delayed for 2 hours]

These green riding pants are the first new things I've bought since I started hating my entire wardrobe like 3 months ago. I decided to buy the riding pants in green because I've wanted green pants for a while and these are the only pants that actually fit me and don't have gross crotch wrinkles. (Seriously, what is with those gross crotch wrinkles?)

Lately I've become obsessed with fuzzy things. Like, really obsessed. I ended up exchanging the amazing turquoise 1960s coat for an even more beautiful white mohair coat with a leopard fur collar. Overall, it's warmer, fuzzier, involves leopard print and just totally screams "ME" (because I'm a needy bitch like that).


Another fuzzy thing that has entered my life recently is this black angora cardigan. It's vintage (obviously), I paid $20 for it and it is kind of a cross between something Kurt Cobain and a 50s sex kitten would wear. Someday I'm going to wake up and realize I've transformed into a teddy bear overnight.

19 comments:

Daniel said...

you're so cute !

Dayzee said...

i too, love fuzzy things. great finds! i love your blog x
styledynamite.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

Love the green pants. Not a big fan of all that fur - I`m an animal rights activist.

>'.'<

Liz said...

I am really digging your blog content as of late. Not that I didn't enjoy it before, but your attitude seems different; those riding pants are rad, man.

Rebecca Jane said...

That coat looks super cozy! And I love the colour of those green pants!

Daisy-Mai said...

i love these leggings
http://invisableone.blogspot.com
xo

Damsels said...

i wish i had your waistline. i have 3 riding pants and i like them but mostly i wear them cuz i work at aaa. but i hate how they make my stomach look :(
awesome coat!

i hate my whole wardrobe . except for my shoes .they rock.

Roma said...

oh god that coat is amazing. seriously. I have a similar one except it's from the 40's and this great blood red color.

Dee said...

Oh goodness! I love everything about this outfit, want those leggings and sweater and hat...don't know if I could pull off that coat!

owlinalarkworld said...

I would be quite happy to turn into a teddy bear.

alexandra said...

i love your look!

Jenni Wells - Stop Making Sense said...

Your coat is quite lovely. I really dig those green trousers as well.

Charles said...

ahh i hate kingston x( great coat, & have a happy holiday!!
xx

Amanda said...

It was sad to see the amazing turquoise coat leave at first, but I think the coat you exchanged it for is even more amazing! Love it!

meagan said...

wow. fanning myself over that coat. the texture is so delicious. and green pants should probably be given to all newborn children as part of a "welcome to earth" care package.

Angie Bitchface said...

ooh, this blog post made me realize how much I need fluffy angora items in my life.

also Infinite Jest is my favorite book of all time! I'm interested to know what you think of it :)

Twobreadsplease said...

you look so warm and fluffy, hug me. x

Seraph said...

GAH crotch wrinkles. I think it has something to do with pants not being quite wide enough right across the hipbones on me, even though the waists are never really snug enough either. And it only seems to be a problem with pants, never jeans.

Hvit said...

Green pants + docs etc = awesomeness. LOVE the coat too! I've recently got into fuzzy stuff. Fuzzy is just so... Fuzzy.