Thursday, December 08, 2011

Weirdo Sauce

"Yesterday's outfit"
 When life fails at sending you natural outfit inspiration, wear tuxedo pants. Preferably with brown Doc Martens oxfords, a marching band sweater and matching animal print socks. I was super into wearing these pants with these shoes after spying this totally 90s Esprit ad where the girl is wearing jaunty ankle-length tux pants with a big pair of clunkers & a jean jacket. Necessary.
 "Today's outfit" aka "I'm lazy."
The laziest of outfits for the laziest of days. This outfit actually consists of Helly Hansen thermal leggings that hardcore outdoors people often wear camping with an oversize Ralph Lauren linen button-down, tiger print socks and classy suede ankle boots. The dappled knit sweater found me the same day as my Chloe dress, and it reminds me of the light snowfall on the ground that will melt away soon. I just want there to be lots of snow and for the holidays to get here soon so I can chill at home eating cookies and stuff.

This is your friendly neighbourhood reminder to pick up your copy of PLANT magazine before Christmas time. Look at how cute Anna looks with her copy of issue #2! She brought it with her on a field trip to a national park, can you tell? Think of all this places you can take PLANT: to the aquarium, to the shopping mall, on the subway, to an Ethiopian restaurant. The possibilities are endless!

11 comments:

mouse said...

that marching band jacket is perfect.

Maya said...

ooh I love that ad and your sweater jacket thing =)

Allison said...

Such a cute jacket and pants in the first outfit! And those Helly Hansen leggings look fantastic. I may need to get some like that to insulate myself during the cold Minnesota winter.

Olivia said...

I love the jacket ! :)

Magnet said...

No need for the reminder for me. I have already purchased issue 1 and 2 and hopefully they're on their way to me now. I really like the socks you're wearing in the first set of photos. Ah, now I want to eat a cookie!

Shelby said...

i thought you hated ankle boots?

Meli said...

MARCHING BAND= always perfect. Always. I guess I should stop freaking out now.
I like the socks, and I agree, they match perfectly.

meagan said...

marching band sweater! i wonder if it was once from a real marching band?!

Laura said...

oh i LOVE that blue jacket!

http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/

buffalo schuhe said...

stylish!!

Nike Air Max said...

i heart this style!