Wednesday, May 30, 2012

T.A.N. Coffee

 
Hello! Good morning! Look at me wearing clothes and shrugging my shoulders like I awkwardly care a little too much! I only take pictures of clothing that I really love, which is why I’m wearing these Betsey Johnson floral Capri pants AGAIN even though I just wrote about them 3 posts back. They are my favourite thing to wear because they are so weird and make me look ~funky~ like Melora from Ghost World

I’m really working the appropriated 1950s look here with my high ponytail, red lips, clamdigger pants and my sparkly espadrille wedge sandals gifted from Sugar. I love looking down at my feet and watching them sparkle in the sun. Hopefully they’re not vampires. (EWWWW, did I just make a Twilight joke? Please kill me now.)


On the days when I don’t blog, I have picked up a semi uniform of, yes, jeans and a t-shirt. I don't wear these shoes every day though, it’ll more than likely be Blundstones on my feet. The jeans are J Brand and not only are they the most spectacular, perfect fit in the galaxy, they also cost me $0. Allow me to explain - They were marked as $15 at Kind Exchange, which is where I drop off all of my unwanted clothes and get store credit, so I had enough store dollars to get these jeans for free with all my store credit. I had been wanting another decent pair of jeans for ages so I am so happy to have found these stovepipes. I don't even have to cuff the hem, and I'm freakin' short!

They have a tiny hole in the crotch, which is lame, but I patched it up from the inside and they are now well-equipped to handle every day wear. Literally every day.

Note my gloriously unmanicured fingers in this photo of my new diamond wedding band: one of my latest articles for the Toronto Standard is about my utter abhorrence of fancy nail art. Obviously I am not getting married any time soon, but Anjolee offered to send me a diamond wedding ring (which is actually cubic zirconia) so I said yes because I like fancy things and looking glamorous. Ring courtesy of Anjolee, purveyor of actual, real diamond wedding bands.

28 comments:

d.h.e.r. said...

Great pictures, Isabel. Dang, those jeans are flattering. My daily uniform usually also involves pants of some kind, so I'd be wearing those Betsy Johnson pants as much as circumstances would allow too if they were mine. (Drool.)

cherryred said...

Isabel, you are so nice!!! I love your blog!!!
And by the way: i'm very envy about your B.J. floral pants!!!!

meagan said...

those PANTS! serious peggy bundy realness. also a good pair of jeans is notoriously the most difficult thing in the world to find, so high five for getting those for FREE. lol @ retail price.

Magnet said...

I'm with meagan, buying jeans that actually fit that well isn't an easy task so.. well done! Also.. major freaking lol at the twilame joke. Aaah.. I hate twilight, but that was funny. Your writing is always so entertaining and awesome. You are an inspiration to us blogger who can't write for shit.

edgeindustrialphotography said...

very cool.
momjeans won't be happy though.
they'll be all like 'I'm the
#1 jeans in Isabel's eyes'
I expect a retalitory/comeback post soon.

Bryanna said...

Love the hair & the 50's vibe. You are adorable!

OrigamiGirl said...

They sent you a wedding ring?! I feel like there has to be more of a story to this! Doesnt seem like the normal sort of product review thing. Whats the tale?

Justalazymorning said...

cute cute

Low Couture said...

Love the looks - and v jealous about the J. Brand find. I just got these loose faded out cut-offs at a vintage store nearby. DEFINITELY feeling baggy cut-offs this summer.

x Peter @ http://low--couture.blogspot.com

Marlena said...

you make me wish I had hair again! that baby bangs/high ponytail combo looks so freaking good on you!

Hipster said...

www.hipsterjams.com

Anonymous said...

I'd think someone interested in environmental consciousness and social justice would be against using their blog to advertise for the diamond industry, but whatever dude.

Mana said...

how come you always look amazing!

http://thepunkr0cker.blogspot.com/

Janna said...

I like the grey shirt, it looks cosy on you (:

www.cupcakecuisine.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

T.A.N. on queen street ! mmmhm good stuff real good

Peacock's Hat said...

I miss wearing my hair in a high ponytail now I cut it. I used to like swishing it around.
Funky indeed by the way.
Those jeans fit you like a fucking glove. I am jealous. I can never get jeans that fit me that well. Saying that, the unicorn (!) Topshop ones I have on right now aren't too bad. Despite the fact they have the tiniest leg holes at the bottom (almost impossible to get them past your heel) they come up nice and high on my wobbly tum.

Justalazymorning said...

i love the flower pants!!

Eva said...

Your Betsey Johnson capris are AMAZING. I love those longer capris, they make me feel so retro and Grease-esque! Just a vintage-y vibe filled day! I love your blog a ton, I just found it! I seriously love it so much. I love your bangs too! I really want front bangs, but I don't know! Because I had them back in the day of like, 2 years ago and hated them, but now I kind of like them, and life is just so complicated and annoying.

Anyway, I followed you! You rock and so does your blog! I can't wait for more posts!

xx Eva
stylewandering.blogspot.com

Susie said...

How are you gonna discuss every item BUT the most perfect one of all -- that gray tee shirt! It is super dreamy. The rest looks great too, but damn if a perfect gray tee isn't hard to find. Great work all around.

Leah said...

freakin love this

Xu Box said...

Floral pants are awesome. Those look especially excellent on you.

I still haven't figured out how to walk in heels yet. Wedges are not exceptions. But I've been eyeing some Jeffery Campbells night walkers. Shit those babies look fucking good.

chloe said...

Damn...those are nice jeans! I'm envious, and especially of the fact that you don't have to hem them. Hemming is the bane of my existence. Also, the Betsey Johnson capris OHMAGAWD. Dying.

Ariel said...

Nice jeans! Too cool! Loving your style!
Xoxoxo
quitecouture.blogspot.com

Fashion babel said...

LOVE THE PANTS!I've been reading you for a long time, and I've finally made my own fashion blog!yey!

xo

Audrey (hkittygirl) said...

The jeans were such a good deal! Practically a steal! (:

rachel said...

Dude you look like Kathleen Hanna in these pictures and it is awesome.

www.brooklyn-wolf.blogspot.com

Poppy said...

those floral trousers are so cute.If I had them I'd wear them all the time - they look so comfy xx

Maxens M. Finch said...

I want to be in that t-shirt. It's perfect for cosiness and doing serious cool stuffs on the computer. It reminds me of what they wear in Wargames.